Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Blistering Barnacles!

Nothing can be more disheartening than falling low in your own eyes. Trust me. Absolutely nothing. I had this tormenting experience yesterday and the result - Blistering Barnacles!

Yesterday, after four long months I decided to kick out the lazy b*@#$%& in me and hit the cricket field. Only to realize, not once in the past 25 years had I felt so very unfit for the game. I felt the entire cricketing community yelling at me asking me to quit.

It all started when after a couple of warm ups I started the match with my spell. To say I put my entire country to shame would be to say the least. I bowled three consecutive wide balls without a minuscule realization that it was the first over of the match. Way to go. Isn't it? Fuming and cursing myself, I bowled the next ball only to slip and sprain my ankle. I gave up and turned to try my luck at the field.

To mention my miserable botch ups at fielding would be tantamount to inviting all you folks to spew third degree expletives over this piece of crib.

My attempts with the bat are needless to mention. Never in my life had I faced difficulties facing pace bowlers. Good old R used to be one. In fact, a good one. I know I used to have it in me to manage him and I did do my bit at woodrich (a resort in Bangalore) to salvage my team then. And here...I was hitting the dust and sweeping the ground at this supposed fast bowling attempt by this stupid greybeard (His action sucks!). His kids would have done a better job managing him.

If I were to be doing all this back home with my gang, to say I would've been beaten black and blue with the very 'balla' would be an understatement. All I could do then was to thank my stars that A and R weren’t present there to see me flounder with due diligence !

After all this, the only thing that is giving me hopes to venture into the field again today is the fact the I won my team yesterday in the last match with a modest 30 off the last over.

Here I go all set to keep the fire burning...

Note to Self: Never let the Lazy B!@#$%& even surface out again!!


2 Comments:

Blogger janani said...

Ohh so this was the cricket game that you were bragging to me! :-)
If those guys let you play with them again, then maybe your skills(supposdly) will be back. :-) Gud luck

P.S This font sucks!

9:34 PM  
Blogger Sandeep said...

@janani - hello...it was me who won the match for my team....so they have all reasons to take me in!

1:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home